EarthWorks Organic Topdressing is the final touch for all landscape and garden planting. This quality topdressing and mulch has been designed to retain soil moisture and to insulate plants from hot and cold temperature extremes.
Organic Topdressing is a blend of composted wood products, premium peat moss, a moderate level of deodorized chicken manure and gypsum.
This cover mulch is also an excellent soil amendment for the preparation of new lawns and ground-cover areas and is ideal for all vegetable, flower, and bulb planting situations.
After planting, apply a 1" layer of Organic Topdressing throughout the landscape. Organic Topdressing not only increases the water use efficiency, but adds a beautiful finished look to gardens and bedding areas.
After seeding new lawns, Organic Topdressing adds the important topdressing required to assist in seed germination and helps to retain the proper moisture level for quick lawn establishment.
RATES OF APPLICATION:
- General soil preparation:
- 3 cu. yds. per 1,000 sq. ft. Rototill/spade into the soil 6-8" deep.
- Seed cover for new lawns or fall over seeding:
- 1 cu. yd. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- 1" uniform layer in bedding areas (approx. 3 cu. yds. per 1,000 sq. ft.).
- Composted wood products, peat moss and composted chicken manure.
NOTE: This product is not intended for use in organic crop and food production in the State of California.